Staff at Durants
At Durants our team of party and event professionals is working behind the scenes preparing for your successful event. As you will read in the bios below, Durants is comprised of seasoned event professionals. For example, we have a former chef, three former caterers, two florists, four event planners, and several entrepreneurs. We work together to create an event that is sure to exceed your expectations.
- » Glenn Lois
- born and raised in the Hudson Valley of New York, Glenn's family has for thirty years owned and operated one of the largest rental store chains in the United States. He acquired Durants in the early 90's and has since expanded the company four times over in multiple states. Glenn's goal is to provide clients with the highest quality equipment and service available with real value and have the company continue to grow and thrive in the years to come.
- » Susan Kennedy
- is a graduate of Suny New Paltz and has worked with Durants as their Controller/CFO
for over a decade. Her past experiences have been in public accounting,
corporate, governmental and non-profit agencies. Susan enjoys working with every facet of
the business and provides support to both the Durant’s team and the customer’s we serve.
Susan strongly believes that it is important to give back to her surrounding
community and is presently serving as VP and Treasurer of Walden Reformed Church and past President and currently a member of the CRVI board. A non-profit in the Rockland, Orange and Ulster counties. CRVI is a vibrant community, working and serving those living with disablities. Providing services and support to enable them to live a more enjoyable, independent life. www.crvi.org
- » Barbara Lombardozzi
- has managed the Wappingers Falls, NY location since its inception. Her 20 years of experience in event planning and catering has served her clientele well. As an active member of the Hudson Valley community, Barbara has chaired countless events where she established many lasting relationships. Barbara was the former owner & operator of an event coordinating and catering business called "Hands For Hire". This background affords Barbara an intimate knowledge of all phases of the event industry.
- » Marlene Ortiz
- the longest serving employee at Durants, Marlene has risen from production supervisor to store manager. She has experience in catering, food service, and self employment in the internet cafe industry. You are likely to see Marlene out in the field inspecting our largest tented affairs, offering advice to one of our department supervisors, or consulting with a bride & groom. She brings a wealth of knowledge about our product line. Marlene completed her ARA'S Certified Event Rental Professional (CERP) program in December of 2010. The CERP program marks the standard for the event rental industry. This certification, developed by rental industry experts, is an in-depth progarm for indivduals who seek an edge in the party and event industry. Feel free to contact her at our Ridgefield CT. location.
- » Darlene Karpel
- has been a sales manager at Durants in New York since it's inception. Dee has been in the event industry for the better part of twenty years, bringing energy, knowledge, and flair to her Hudson Valley clients. Dee has a great knowledge of our vast product line, and is frequently recognized from our clients for going the extra mile. Please call Dee for your next event.
- » Casey Cauchi
- a Johnson & Wales graduate and former promotions assistant for K104 radio station, Casey has lived in the Hudson Valley most of her life and is very familiar with the community. Casey quickly learned all aspects of our business, and works in both the front showroom as an consultant and back warehouse staging deliveries.